It is in the middle of the summer, but we found some time to prepare a new RonDB release. Today we are proud to release new RonDB versions.
RonDB is a stable distribution of NDB Cluster, a key-value store with SQL capabilities. It is based on a release of MySQL, an SQL database server.
RonDB 21.04.1 is the second release of the stable version of RonDB. It contains 3 new features and 18 bug fixes. We plan to support RonDB 21.04 until 2024.
RonDB 21.10.1 is the first beta version of RonDB 21.10. It contains 4 new features that improves throughput of the DBT2 benchmark by 70% compared to RonDB 21.04.1.
Detailed release notes are available in the RonDB documentation.
The new features in RonDB 21.04.1 are:
- Support for primary keys using Longvarchar in ClusterJ, the native Java API for RonDB
- Support for autoincrement in the ndb_import tool
- Killing ndbmtd now uses a graceful shutdown avoiding unnecessary abort
- Improved placement of primary replicas
- Removing index statistics mutex as a bottleneck in MySQL Server
- More flexibility in thread configuration
- Use query threads also for Reads which locks the row